Wednesday, January 6, 2016

ASK ME, Spring 2016 edition

Welcome back to the students and part-time librarians!  This week (January 4-8) is orientation/registration for new students. Classes start next week.  There will be lots of people with questions, so please remember to wear your ASK ME button as you sit at the desk.

Here are the latest FAQs provided by Fran Mohr. (Hard copy also at ref desk.)



ASK ME Campaign – Spring 2016- Dunwoody Campus
Welcome to Perimeter College!  How may I help you?

DOCUMENTS and BECOMING A STUDENT
Q.  Where do I turn in my (application, transcript, immunization form, test scores, other documents)?
A.  At the Admissions office on the 1st Floor of the Student Center. (Bldg. B)

Q.  I need to talk to someone about admission to the college.  Where do I go?
A.  To the Admissions office 1st Floor of the Student Center. (Bldg. B)

REGISTERING – Q: Where do I go to register for classes?
A.     January 6-8: NEW STUDENTS go to the Part II Orientation check-in station in the Student Ctr lobby. (Bldg. B).-1st floor at your scheduled time
January 11-12: go to the Advising & Counseling Office to sign up for a Part II Orientation. (Bldg. B). – 1st floor
B.     January 6-8: RETURNING STUDENTS go to Advising and Counseling Services Office (Bldg. B) -1st floor
January 11-12: go to Advising and Counseling Services Office (Bldg. B) -1st floor

MONEY
Q.  Where is the Financial Aid office?
A.  In the Student Center. (Bldg. B)
Q.  Where do I go to pay for my classes?
A.  To the Student Accounts office located on the 1st Floor of the Student Center. (Bldg. B).  You may also pay online at www.gpc.edu with a credit/debit card or check.

TESTING
Q.  Where do I take my placement test?
A.  Pay for the test first at the Student Accounts office located on the 1st Floor of the Student Center. (Bldg. B)  Take the test in the Testing Center in Bldg. C. Room 1260.

BOOKSTORE - ID CARD - PARKING
Q.  Where is the campus bookstore?
A.  Second (2nd) Floor of Student Center. (Bldg. B).  
Q.  Where do I get my student ID card?
A.  First (1st) Floor of the Student Center. (Bldg. B) Across from the rest rooms.
Q.  Where do I get a parking decal for my car?
A.  Public Safety issues parking decals and is located in the “I” building, the first building as you enter the main entrance to the campus on Womack Road.  You will need your student ID card and vehicle information including the tag number.

CLASS QUESTIONS
Q.  I went to my class and no one was there.  What do I do?
A.  Send student to the appropriate academic department office if possible.  If not, send student to the Enrollment/Registration office on the 1st Floor of the Student Center. (Bldg. B)
Q.  I need to drop a class.  What do I do?
A.  Go to the Enrollment/Registration office on the 1st Floor of the Student Center. (Bldg. B)

ONLINE CLASSES
Q.  I have questions about my online class.  Who can I talk to?
A.  Go to GPC Online/iCollege http://www.gpc.edu/online/index.htm or email gpcol@gpc.edu or call 678-891-3535.  The email usually will result in a much faster response.

COMPUTER TO USE
Q.  Where can I find a computer?
A.  Computers and printers are available in the Computer Lab in the E Building – 1st Floor; E-0160), the Library on the 2nd Floor (LRC) and in Advising, Counseling and Retention Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment