Thursday, June 20, 2013

A New Face at the Reference Desk

Hello, Dunwoody librarians!  I am Margaret Nugent, the new part-time reference librarian.  After a few years off to spend time with my two young daughters, I am happy to be back behind the reference desk.

I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with my Master of Science in Information Studies in 2005. I have worked in several types of libraries-academic, legal, public-and always enjoyed helping people find the information they were searching for.  I am looking forward to working with a diverse student body at GPC.  When I was in high school, my mother returned to a local junior college to resume her college degree after a 15 year hiatus.  I hope that I can help all students, traditional and non-traditional, achieve their academic goals during their college careers.

I am originally from Texas, but have lived in Atlanta for almost 5 years.  I moved here when my husband, a native Atlantan, started work as an associate at a law firm.  We had previously lived in Houston, Austin, and Corpus Christi, Texas. 

While most of my time is spent playing, cooking, and cleaning for my daughters, Leona (4.5 years old) and Joni (turning 3 in July), I also enjoy running, watching a little TV with my husband, Adam, when the girls are asleep, and playing the piano when they are not.  I am excited to be running my first Peachtree Road Race this July 4.

It is only my first week, but I can already tell GPC is going to be a wonderful place to work.

1 comment: